Friday, October 9, 2009

day 34...restlessness

The last couple of days have been very interesting. First of I would like to leave myself a personal note...Please hide your phone when you start drinkin!!!~...Now that is done. It seems I have a problem everyone, and yes it involves calling or texting people while I am intoxicated. This hasn't led to anything good so I don't understand why I continue to repeat the same mistake time over time. I feel that cell phone companies should enable a locking device on your phone so that if you decide to drink you shouldn't be able to call or send messages. I think that it would save alot of headaches in the world. I am a strong personality sober so when I decide to drunk dial it is always no good for the person on the other end...I am usually demanded answers to questions I already know but never have the balls to ask.

That being said...I am very proud of myself for being on the opposite line of the telephone this week. I did engage in a couple of drinks from time to time, but in the process remained sober enough to enjoy all the lovely people around me. It's been interesting. I have had a couple of random conversations with a couple of random strangers. I met a gentleman who wore a fancy fanny pack and is a vegetarian bicycle store owner. He actually only rides bikes, and hasn't owned a car for 2 years. Also he feels that one person cannot make a difference in the world lessoning their carbon footprint. One guy, was very tall with matching strawberry blonde hair, who claimed he has the lamest job in the world. I laughed and was entertained by his generous gestures, and stories of pranking people at work. He said he has a hard problem intimidated people with the "mean face" because he always just ends up smiling, so I sat there while he proceeded to imitate himself for about 5 minutes. Turns out he was an accountant. A couple of british chaps carried on a conversation quite well, the also were very animated with their speech, which takes a bit getting used to. It just so happens they are printers, so i thought possibly graphic design but no, they work at a factory for 12 hours a day, 3 days a week and watch paper print basically. Which I thought had to be the worst job, very boring unless the ink cartridge gets low. But they love it because it pays well and makes it possible for them to travel...apparently they say there are alot of poofs in ft. lauderdale that like british men in swimming trunks...ha.
I also had the pleasure of carrying on conversations with friends of mine that had a few more to drink than they should of. I am always interested in what people have to say when they are drinking, because you get to know the truth of what they feel deep down. although i have to admit that I wish they were just falsifying the information or possibly only thinking of the things they're saying because they are drunk. Life confessions, heart confessions, it's just so much to hear. It's almost too hard sometimes. I tend to worry for my friends and when they say certain things. I don't know. Being sober involves more than people realize.
Cheers to finding a happy medium.
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment