I ventured out of my comfort zone again last night. I met up with lil red and her boy for yogurt and we decided to walk down park ave....someone spotted a hookah sitting out in front of a restaurant with an interesting character smoking it. We decided to try some because I have yet to smoke the hookah. After studying the array of choice(which all sounded like popery scents) we went with apple and vanilla. We also decide to try some food. To my surprise we were sitting at a turkish restaurant...I could pronounce anything on the menu, it went something like this...galvishcael,bagavishno, mallizo, kjdfoiwe, fjsdifo...thank goodness for the english subtitles. We order a sampler, which scared me a little. I am more of a pizza and salad girl, I have to know what I am eating. The hookah arrives, and smells insanely delicious. I took one hit and felt like I was smoking popery, it was strange and interesting at the same time. It resembles smoking cloves and flowers. Loved it. the food arrived, which consisted of a plate with a bunch of unrecognizable items...and then of course this bread. The bread when fun, i could have poked at it all day. It was a huge poof ball, i guess there is a better name but I can't remember at the moment. It was thin with steam inside, I grabbed a knife and stabbed it, letting the steam rise. I wish I could learn out to make it, because it was delicious with melted butter and sesame seeds. Supposedly you did the bread in the unknown food and eat it that way. I believe there were 8 things, creamed caviare (not bad), a hummus( I'm getting used to eating it.), a couple of eggplant things, (which were good) a salsa thing( pretty bad) and some cream dip thing,(good) the others I can't remember, but for the most part if you can get past the textures it's not bad, not bad at all. Who would have thought that I would ever enjoy turkish. Ha.
güle güle
güle güle - Jaime
No comments:
Post a Comment